Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tucson......The final leg.

We made it to CCRV before noon today thanks to another clock set back. Love that Arizona time but don't like the long time difference with friends. Alas, only lasts for a few hours cause tonight the rest of the country falls back to standard time. It was a nice trip from Lordsburg, NM to Tucson. The highlight for me being my son calling and telling me I could say "I told you so". Of course I didn't but it was nice Mom could be right still. His wife had an auto accident while at a Quilting "Thing" in Iowa. I pulled up some insurance knowledge from my days in the insurance world and put some positive spins on his concerns and it turned out to their advantage.
Tucson welcomed us with a warm sunny day and lots of friends already here and more to come. Already had a margarita and nibbles with friends. Lots of chatting and catching up on what people have been up to this past summer. The best surprise of all was seeing Donna and Paul Browning after two years. Paul looks great, so good to have them both back with us and now close by. I have a feeling this is going to be a great winter at CCRV.

No comments:

Post a Comment