Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moving Day

Today was the day.  We both woke up early anticipating the move to our new home.  Ron even took a walk up to the entrance to their part of the park but they were still home.  We ate a quick breakfast of cold cereal and a cup of coffee.
About 8:15 Jane called to tell us they were on the road and to enjoy our new home.  Ron jumped in the truck and drove over to start unloading what we had packed up last night.
I got ready for my knitting class and then walked up to see what it looked like since it was ours.  It was even more beautiful.  Off to knitting class I went with a promise from Ron he would pick me up at 11:30 am.  But alas it didn't work that way.  What 1 1/2 hours I was told it would take to finish up the sock turned into 3 hours and rushing out the door.
By then Ron had boxes and bags stacked in the different rooms they belonged in.  So off to work I went emptying shopping bags and boxes.  I can not believe how much we have in that 5th wheel but I do know we've got a lot more moving to do and the storage area is getting in short supply.
We are staying at the new place tonight and that turned out to be a hassle cause we kept forgetting things we needed to sleep and eat.  Small inconveniences kept popping up and Ron kept driving back and then walking back.  I just closed the door and locked it.  We're in for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your new home. We know you will love it and all the space you will have now. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete