Friday, February 21, 2014

February in Tucson

Well, February in Tucson time is flying by.  We'll need March to rest up so we can go back to IL in April.  However, with the kinds of weather they've been having back there, I'm not sure when that will be. 
With the Gem, Fossil and Mineral show and Tubac Arts Festival over the La Fiesta do los Vaqueros and Match Play Golf is next.  It's not looking like we will be seeing either this year.  The Gold by choice but the Rodeo because we ran out of time.  The finals are this weekend but that's not my cup of tea.  We went a few times but besides it being crowded the people in back of me's knees got pretty sharp. 
The three kitchen curtains are complete, hung and working out great.  I was feeling they had become my life's work.  They were worth it.  I'm pretty proud of myself of the final product since it had been years since I'd made any type of curtains and certainly none that were lined. 
I threw away my to do list this morning.  It only had one item still on it.  RODEO

Tomorrow is our BBQ by the pool.  The money we raised at the dessert auction goes to buy all the food.  Then there will be a "Chinese Auction" in the afternoon.  I have heard of the concept but not the name.  After you buy a block of tickets you walk around the display of "things" and put your ticket in the one you want to win.  They drawing will be later in the afternoon and winner's have to be present.  I know there is a flat screen TV, coffee maker, electric griddle and lots of other things on display at the office so I'm imagining there will be lots more prizes to go around.  Looking forward to seeing friends and catching up on their activities.

1 comment:

  1. You've been very busy! Have you taken any pictures of the curtains? I'd love to see them.
    Love you
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete