Friday, March 14, 2014

Good Day in our home.

Very good day at our house.  Since this is 3.14 pi day I decided to make a pie.  Gave Ron a list of what I had in stock and he chose Coconut Cream pie.  Started on that right after lunch.  The blind crust turned out perfect.  It's been a long time since I've made one.  The filling and the meringue turned out perfect, thanks to my good pots and pans and Kitchenaide mixer. 

Took a break and started on the Sloppy Joes for supper.  Ree Drummond's cook book, Pioneer Woman, was the source for the recipe.  I've made it before and we love it.  Doesn't take that long to make and only has to cook for 20 minutes.  I usually make it ahead of time so it cooks a little longer.
While I was making the sloppy joes, our friend, Larry, drove up and delivered a plate of apple strudel.  Since he was here and Ron had the college basketball games on he stayed for awhile.  Thanks to Gerry and Larry for the strudel.  We haven't had any in a long time.
 
Ron made a quick trip to the office before they closed to check out our mail.  We can get our letters when the office is closed but no any packages.  Today is the day our package of mail from back home is supposed to arrive.  It came and held four special envelopes.  Two addressed to Ron and two addressed to me.  All from the Federal Government.  Exactly four weeks to the day from when they received the renewal application in Philadelphia  till we got our new Passports and Passport Cards.  Of course they came in separate envelopes.  The only thing missing was our old Passports and that's no bid deal.
We decided on both this time so we can just put the cards in our wallets and cross the border into Mexico or Canada without having to remember the passports. 

We're so glad to have them back.  We've actually needed them while we didn't have them.  Just for identification so now we can finish off a project we wanted to do before we left Arizona this spring.

Of course, I can't conclude the day without one more piece of good news and one bad news.  First the bad news, Missouri lost to Florida in the SEC tournament.  I'm still proud of Missou for their performance since they've joined the SEC.
The good news, surprise, Duke won.  It was close at the end and I thought for a few minutes they were going to blow their lead but they hung on to advance in the ACC tournament.

1 comment:

  1. I miss college basketball at Casa de Cummings. Kentucky didn't play? I don't follow it, but if I hear Duke or Kentucky on the news I listen to what they have to say about them. Everything is fine here. It's been a little warmer (40) and the snow is slowly disappearing. I don't think I have ever been as sick of snow and winter as I am this year. We've got a bunch of news floating around here. I'll have to call you to fill you in.
    Love you
    Betsy
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete