Saturday, September 26, 2009

35 years

Wow, tomorrow we will be married 35 years. I seems like just yesterday that we were walking down Chicago Street in downtown Joliet. Ron asked if I wanted to get married today instead of the next week. Off we went to the jewelry store but our rings weren't in so they loaned us two. Then off to the courthouse to find a judge but his clerk informed us that is was customary to tip the judge. As usual we didn't have any money so I stayed at the courthouse while Ron walked across the street to our bank. I thought he had skipped out, it seemed like he was gone forever. But he did return just as the courthouse was getting ready to close for the day and week. The kindly judge reminded us so much of the Addams Family character Lurch. I was so nervous I started to laugh. Ron thought the judge was going to throw us out without marrying us but he didn't. I'm so glad we got married that day. I can't imagine my life without him. I know it wouldn't have been so full of adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Anniversary to a great couple. Can you afford to tip the judge now?? LOL

    ReplyDelete