Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthday Number 65

Well, I survived my 65th birthday. All in all it was one of my best birthdays. Retiree's meeting in the morning with Marilyn leading a rousing "Happy Birthday" serenade with the rest of the crowd followed by lunch at La Mex with Marilyn and Paul, Marcia and Lonnie, Jolene, Dana and Ron. We joked and laughed and had a good meal and great time.
When we got home there was a package in the door. My printer ink. Who says I don't buy myself great presents? The Fed X man came again and when Ron brought me to the front door to see what he left it was three huge boxes containing a sewing center.
Ron opened the boxes in the garage and carried each piece upstairs. The rest of the afternoon consisted of counting and locating all the pieces and then putting it together. I'm guessing we're half done when we called it a day at 6 o'clock. We both decided we weren't real hungry so we postponed my birthday dinner and relaxed. the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment