Monday, September 27, 2010

36 years

Happy Anniversary Ron. I can't believe we've been married 36 years. Time seems to have flown by but on the other hand, so much has happened in those 36 years. We have enough memories to last us the rest of our lives together yet we're making new ones all the time.
It was a Friday, the kids were in school, my dad was in town and we were baby sitting the dog, Dirky.
You were in your USMC work uniform and I was in bell bottoms and platform shoes (and a blouse). We took everyone but Dirky to a buffet for dinner, you insisted, I was willing to fry up pork chops. It rained during the night and our private honeymoon tent had holes in it.
I guess that was the sign that our married life would be filled with fun and not so fun, surprises and hardships and lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment