Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday Lunch

Nice day today. Started out with a retirees meeting and candidates forum. We didn't get to hear them all but the judges that were running gave very interesting speeches. I believe I have decided which one I will vote for in November. We left there early for another appointment.
We met up with Betsy and Alan today for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. We sure do love that buy one get one free. They even gave Betsy a bag of chocolate chip cookies even though her birthday isn't till tomorrow. We only talked for two hours since Alan had to go get his after bypass stress test.
I'm finishing up my Linus Project quilts so I'll have to work on my tee shirt quilt. Got the pattern laid out for an apron and was just waiting for my new scissors. Got them today from Betsy, she had two identical pair. Been trying to keep busy with my hands so I don't use them to insert food in mouth.
I did make a couple knitted dish cloths. That was fun. Haven't knitted since I was in high school but with the help of a great how to book I'm doing pretty good. I'm going to miss my sewing center when we go to AZ. I'll take the sewing machine but won't have access to all the counter space I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment