Monday, August 8, 2011

Lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer.

Life in the midwest is just that....middle ground.  It's been hot and humid so most of our life has revolved around either staying inside where it's cool, if the electricity isn't out, or going to the air conditioned car to the air conditioned store.  Been talking to a dozen of my best friends from Cactus Country on Facebook.  That's been a nice way to keep up with the goings on.  Because quite a few of the people there are an older generation than us, we've been losing some every year either to death or illness forcing them to move.  This year we've lost one due to bad health and two have departed.  I wasn't familiar with one of the deceased but everyone in the park knew Fred Imus, aka that radio guy Don Imus's brother.  He was our claim to fame, so to speak.  He had an old truck and older dog named "Dear John" and I didn't know where he went everyday when he drove by on his way out of the park but I did know he bought bales of hay for the free range cows that lived around the outside of the park.  I'm sure that hay was much better eating than the cacti they lived on normally.
Today was our youngest grandchild's 13th birthday.  She's off with her parents and brother on vacation but we did text her happy birthday.
Today was also a good rain day, now Ron will have to mow the lawn.  It did cool things off a bit and I was  able to set outside for awhile and read, one of my favorite things to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Fred wasn't your only claim to fame at the park. You knew me also. I am hurt. LOL

    ReplyDelete