Wednesday, October 24, 2012

21st Century

We may be in our 60's but we try real hard to stay up on current events.  We both know who Sponge Bob Square Pants, old hat, and Honey Boo Boo are.  And a few in between.  We're both pretty  computer literate along with wi-fi and air cards.  We've had cell phones since 1990 and no hard line phone since 2008.  Digital cameras are old hat.  DVRs and HD TVs are a part of our lifestyle but today we topped the list with our second smart phone.  Yep, Ron followed in my footsteps today and we went to Verizon to pick him up his own smart phone.  So after lunch we sat at the table and sent oral text messages back and forth till he decided that he's better get his outside work done while it wasn't raining.
The last two days every time he decided to go rake leaves or clean out the lower gutters it started to rain.  BTW anyone know anyway we can pay to clean out the upper gutters?
The stacks of "stuff" that needs to go to AZ is growing and shrinking.  Especially the clothes part.  Right now the rack is shrinking as I try to remember which clothes have doubles in AZ and need to stay here.  I've added some clothes to my wardrobe since we've been back and I'm sure some will be put in the "good will" stack when we get to AZ.  I'm fighting the weight gain, not as hard as I probably could, but Ron's alright with it.  He says he'd rather have more of me than not at all.  I'm not sure if the drug is doing any good but it's putting on weight real well.

2 comments:

  1. When do you leave for Tucson? I just bought a brand new serger, I got a 1200D Janome. Will take some lesson then will be good to go with it.
    Safe travels when you hit the road.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we're leaving Monday morning. I've enjoyed my serger this summer. I like using it for the Linus quilts. I did get a new regular machine, a Janome but it's staying here in IL. I left the old one in AZ so I don't have to haul them back and forth. Stay safe this winter. Hope to see you next year.

      Delete