Sunday, January 6, 2013

Change in Moods

After reading a friends blog I've decided I caught that writer's block too.  But then life happened.

First the washing machine sprung a leak and still hasn't been fixed.  I figured he'll get around to it in a couple weeks when he runs out of skivvies.  In the mean time I have to walk around it being out of place getting to the bathroom and bedroom.
 
Then this morning when I asked if he'd taken his shower for church and his reply was negative, I found out we don't have hot water again.  This is the fourth call to the plummer.  They won't come out today without a service charge even though it's under warranty.  Heat up the tea kettle and wash up in the sink.

Church, I'll just say they had a guest speaker this morning and we really like to hear our own pastor.

The people we usually give a ride home weren't there this morning so we stopped on the way and picked up carry out for our meal.  KFC and Subway.

After our delicious meals I sat down at this computer and typed in a name.  It immediately popped up an obituary.  Guess that answered that question.  The cranky old man that I used to call "Uncle Dinglefod" had finally died.  It said he was survived by a sister so I plugged her name and sure enough, another obituary popped up.  So this afternoon I discovered I no longer have any aunts or uncles from my father's side.  My mother was the last of her family.  It's quite a strange feeling.  The last time we visited with my aunt, about nine years ago, she treated us very inhospitably.  Never even offered us a drink of water on a warm Memorial Day.  The uncle sat an bad mouthed everyone and everything.  I guess we must have done something that upset them since I've never heard a word from them again.  So now I know where they are and won't wonder what's going on.  I feel one of my aunt's four living children should have made contact with me to let me know but I guess whatever I did nine years ago must have been pretty bad.

3 comments:

  1. Dee, just remember you can pick your friends but are stuck with your relatives. Who knows what little thing sets people off, especially those those who are angry and complaining all the time.

    At least you had some nice KFC chicken to cap off the day. You could have been a Redskin fan and saw the painful loss today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember who Uncle Dinglefod was, but I assume the other person you're referring to is Aunt Florence. It's too bad they didn't get a hold of you. I know it's easier said than done, but it's their problem. Their loss that they didn't keep in contact with you. Sorry to hear about the issues with your appliances. This too shall pass. Especially since we're coming in 32 days!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I didn't know Aunt Florence's first name was Crystal. I'm assuming she was the youngest considering there were 17 yrs between her & Grandpa Lawson.

    ReplyDelete