Saturday, January 12, 2013

Medical Journal

I'll warn you first hand that if you don't like to read about sick people you can stop reading this blog now.  It's not my favorite subject either but it's a part of life.

I'll start with the easiest, my trip to the eye doctor yesterday morning.  I'm having a problem with my right eye going blurry causing problems reading.  My left eye has always been the bad one so this was a surprise.  Fortunate we have good friends with similar problems and since they are older than us have already dealt with these types of things.(Just kidding)  Thanks to their recommendation we went to their doctor and he was fantastic.  Down to earth and listened.  He even called me by my first name and said it correctly.  Since the front desk called me MR. Cummings, it was a nice change of pace.  It's just a floater, a large one at times, that I'll deal with till my cataracts are large enough to remove.

We needed that good news because before we left Ron called one of his brothers, Greg, who had left a cryptic message on his voice mail.  Turns out Greg's youngest son, Sean, was in critical condition in the local Illinois hospital.  His body was shutting down from the infection and he doesn't have a spleen to help fight it.  He lost that in a terrible accident several years ago.  Sean was the last wedding we went to this summer.  If you remember we had three weddings, seven weeks apart.  Sean is not only our nephew but our godson.  The family has lived at our house over the years when Greg was stationed over seas with USMC.  The local hospital managed to get him stabilized and they moved him to the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago.  He made it and is still stable but he needs all our prayers.  He's a fine young man, only 29 years of age with a new bride and step daughter to take care of.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your eye is nothing too serious. I'm sure it's frustrating though. I'm praying for Sean.

    ReplyDelete