Monday, May 20, 2013

Quick Trip to Missouri

The calendar is messing with our plans.  Maybe I should include the Federal Government as party to that problem.  After all they are the ones who made this three day weekend thing for holidays.

Whatever the reason for a mixup, it happened.  Thought we had plenty of time to put flowers on the graves.  I even phoned our usual motel and made a reservation, but when I got off the phone
I realized I had made the reservation for Memorial Day weekend.  Needless to say I called back and cancelled.  Lucky for us she had one room left for this weekend.  It was the handicapped.
We made the trip there Saturday, decorated the graves and came home Sunday.
We made a detour by way of Moris.   Stopped at R Place for a late breakfast.  They were busy but the service was good and the food was great. 

Don't like to make quick trips like that but this time it was necessary.  One time a few years ago I made a deal with a local nursery to have them put the flowers on the graves but they only did it the one year.  I think I'll have to see about doing that again.  We usually drive down a couple times a year so it's not like I wouldn't be going to the graves at all.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment