Monday, November 2, 2015

Getting Settled !!!

Sunday was spent putting more stuff away.  Didn't think we brought a lot but finding a place is another matter.  One of the few drawbacks is no storage.  If here wasn't a man cave with homemade cabinets I don't know where we would put things.  Probably end up buying a shed and cabinets anyway. 

When that task was done, time to tackle the list of groceries.  As the season winds down we stop replacing stuff and make a list for the start of next year.  And then there's the stock up things like milk, bread, eggs, lunch meat etc.  We started by going to the furthest store north.  Sam's Club.  Since it was Sunday we were able to cut through downtown Tucson to shorten our trip.  During the week it's better to get on I-10 and drive the few extra miles.  Then south to Costco and on closer to home, Albertson's.  With a final stop at Office Max because my printer that I leave here was out of ink.  (Albertson's is owned by the same corporate that owns Jewel.  They also have Osco Drug in their stores)

Today has been dedicated to yard work.  When they said they had a wet Monsoon Season, they meant lots of rain.  Our front yard is so full of weeds that if the rose bushes hadn't sprang to six feet tall (I'm not kidding) we wouldn't be able to see the roses.  Our bougainvillea even came back from the dead to make me very happy.  I was ready to go buy another one as soon as we got here, now I don't have to and I can sit on my patio and enjoy it and the roses

1 comment:

  1. Wow am I behind! Despite having frosts every night for about the last week, my rose bush still has a couple of flowers on it. The frost hasn't been bad enough to kill everything. LU

    ReplyDelete