Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Follow-up to Monday

Tuesday's trip to the dentist was great, for me.  They complimented me on my hat and looked inside my mouth and declared me doing just fine.  Ron, however, didn't fare as well.  Since he wasn't in the best of moods, he didn't make any more appointments on Monday so while he was getting the impression made I talked to the appointment lady and she advised next Monday was booked up.  So now I have to go in and interrupt Ron and the assistant and ask if he wants TUESDAY morning or afternoon.  Something told me he wasn't a happy camper over that change so I took the "morning" reply and left the room.
The appointment made for Tuesday morning at 10:30 it was time for the prescriptions.  One for Valium and one for Percocet.
Now I have control I'm going to drive him to the appointment at speeds exceeding 75 MPH......round corners on two wheels......do a break check and then drive him home.  That should make him sleep the rest of the day.  I'll hop in MY van and take off shopping till I drop.  Wait a minute, he takes me shopping all the time and I'm the one asking to go home.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll think of something to do while he's recovering.
My mouth is still a little swollen so I'm not sure what we'll do today since it is Wednesday and we usually go out for a late lunch.
No matter what we decide I won't have to look for food to tide me over.  Our neighbor brought over breakfast burritos that her husband had just made.  A little spice but oh so good.  They've begun the 50th Anniversary Celebration.  Five of their family flew in last night from Green Bay, WI area with more to come between today and Friday.  Looking like it's going to be a fun week.
Hopefully it will keep Ron's mind off of next week.  We're planning on enjoying some good food and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment