Saturday, November 12, 2011

Veterans Day

Just another day in our house so when Ron suggested we go to the movies, I accepted.  After checking out the possibilities online a unanimous decision of "J Edgar" was decided.  Off to the Park Place Mall to enjoy a matinee.  About half way there two things became apparent......1 Veterans Day was more than just another day since the traffic was so bad it became apparent we weren't going to make our movie time.......2 Maybe we should have waited for another day.  Upon final arrival at Park Place Mall we quickly decided both our assumptions were correct.  Not a parking place to be found around the mall.  Applebys had a line around their restaurant SURPRISE.  So off we went in another direction.  Maybe a drive thru Saguaro East National Park.  It's one of my favorite places and we hadn't been there yet this year.  Got our National Parks Pass out and headed out Broadway for Saguaro East.
Self said "I'm hungry" so I told Ron what self said and he pulled into MickyDs.  After a nice quick lunch we decided we'd stop at the Walgreen's across the street to see if they could still give Ron his flu shot.  My dear husband refuses to carry his insurance card with him.  Two hours later, we both had our flu shots and I had a pneumonia shot but decided to bypass Saguaro and go home.
The day had just been to much "people watching" and we needed to rest our eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get to see J. Edgar. It looks like a good movie. Glad you got your flu & pneumonia shots. I think I'm going to get a flu shot this year. Maybe I can even talk Alan into it. (yea right)

    ReplyDelete