Monday, April 22, 2013

Water.....Water......Everywhere.

I blogged last that it's been raining.  Well the rain finally stopped but flooding took over.  We're high enough up it wasn't a problem for us but thousands of others lost a lot.  Our daughter and son in law had sewer backup in their basement but most people suffered from the Fox and DesPlaines Rivers overflowing.
Ron spent Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at their house. First getting the sewer water out of the basement and then cutting out the drywall and carrying it out to a dumpster.
I did enjoy some quiet time on Saturday and Sunday but glad to have Ron home.  Today was warm enough to sit out on the front porch swing for awhile.
I'm reading a Michael Connelly mystery from the library and was into the really really good parts when my Kindle's battery went dead.  I love modern technology.  Just turned on my smart phone and brought up Kindle and kept on reading off my smart phone.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are high and dry. It looks like a lot of other people in the area are going through some tough times. Drought last year, flood this year. What next? Maybe we don't want to know.

    Sure is quiet here at the park. Ron K, our neighbors and the Chaplain and about the only snowbirds left.

    We were backed up from Pantano Wash on Houghton Rd to Frys today. No accident, just a lot of people. We were first at the light at Mary Cleveland and a the truck behind us pulled out next to us. Needless to say he didn't beat me to the final merge lane. I thought he should have waited just like everyone else, but he thought otherwise. Of course when I turned into the park, he floored it and passed me on the shoulder. Jerk!

    ReplyDelete