Thursday, July 11, 2013

Celebrating


It's a beautiful day in my opinion.  Perfect weather.  Warm, but not to warm with a slight breeze.  We have had enough rain to keep the lawn nice and green.  The flower beds are lush and full of bloom.  I'm glad a few years ago to plant perennials.  Now we can set back and enjoy them.
We've had a busy week.  I try to make the week after my birthday a celebration too.
The computer and restaurant coupons help it along.  You see  my favorite restaurants send me coupons for free meals and desserts.  Of course, I have a week to use most of them so  we're doing that this week.
We did sneak in a stop at "Hey Hotdog".  Indulged in a couple sloppy Joes and a frosty mug of homemade root beer.   The current owner's parents  owned an A & W Root Beer stand on the other side of town when Ron and I were first together.  Taste hasn't changed, only the name to protect  the franchise fees.
We've already been to Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster.  Still have Mimis to go to this week and Red Robin before the end of the month.
Got a loaf of banana nut bread in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment