Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Busy Week

It's going to be one of those weeks where I'll need next week to recoop and I don't think next week will be much help.
To start it off Ron has jury duty this week.  He has to call in after 4:30 pm and at noon.  He got the word Friday that he didn't have to go in Monday morning but when we finished eating lunch on Monday he called and he had to be there at 1:15pm.
It's not a long drive but he obviously wasn't going to be able to drive to downtown Joliet, park in the jury's parking deck, top floor, and walk to the courthouse in time.  I did my part by taking over his projects.  I finished my lunch, put the food away and the dishes in the dishwasher.  Then went to check out the clothes drier to see if it was done.  It had stopped ages ago, clothes were cold.  I don't know why he doesn't take things out right away.  So I emptied the drier and reloaded it from the finished washer.  Then checked outside and sure enough he had left clothes hanging on the clothes line.  Out I went, couldn't find the laundry basket so I folded the sheets and pillow cases as best I could and brought them inside. 
Sat down at the computer and what do I hear "Honey, I'm home".  Two hours.  I couldn't believe it.  I think he set it up so he'd be gone long enough for me to finish up his chores. 
Today was no jury duty morning or afternoon but we needed groceries so we rushed to the store to be back in time for him to go in if they had called his number.  I had a pedicure appointment so he decided to get a hair cut since he didn't have to go anywhere.
Sure enough his 4:30 pm call said he had to be there tomorrow (Wed) at 10 am.  It was the only day this week I didn't have anything planned.  We usually go out for a late lunch on Wednesday.  Guess the Jury Commission must have wanted their agenda. 
I'll keep you up on how the rest of the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment