Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday's "Us" Day

It's August in the midwest so it's hot and humid, enough said.  This morning started out with a sleep in of 8 o'clock, a quick shower and off to our favorite breakfast restaurant.  It's only a few blocks away and is reached without going on a main highway.  The last time we were there Ron tried Eggs Benedict for the first time and loved them but, as we have learned, the portions are way to large.  So this time we split an order.  One egg, ham, sauce etc, hash browns and a large pancake each with warm syrup.  I still couldn't eat all of my half but I did enjoy it. 
Last time we were there I had stuffed crepes with fresh strawberries and bananas and granola.  Turned down the whipped cream.  I don't know how many crepes there were and I'm not sure what they were stuffed but they were so delicious and I couldn't even make a dent in them so next time we go there for breakfast we'll split that between us.  Yes we tipped accordingly.  Didn't stiff the wait staff. 
Then to Wal-Mart to pick up a sewing machine carrier for my class tomorrow.  None there so it was off to Orland Park and JoAnns.  Walked in the door and there was a display of sewing machine carriers.  One even looked like it would fit perfect.  The sign said 39.99 to 89.99 but nothing as to which was which.  We walked the store but didn't find any other so I opted for the pretiest one there.  Figured it would be the higher priced one but what to my surprise it was the 39.99 one.  Now that's a bargain.  Didn't need any of their famous 50% off coupons this morning. 
Ron had said he was going to mow the lawn today but he suggested we drive up to Pleasant Prarie, WI to the outlet mall.  Not my place to turn him down. 
Off we went the old way.  We were to far east to catch 355 so we hit 55 south and hooked up with 294 past O'Hare.  Haven't gone that way in years.  When we were getting close we were wondering about the new Rosemont high end mall and WHAM there is was, huge, right up against the toll road.  They are so high end you have to pay to park in their parking lot.  Seriously.  Looks like I won't be shopping there in the near future. 
We did make it to the outlet mall in Wisconsin before 1 pm and did our share of shopping and buying.  Got some new pots, that's another story, so going to go thru what I have and put some away for anyone who might need them.  Hit the Coach, Haines and Jockey stores and headed for home. 
All and all it was a great day.  Hope you had one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment