Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Santa Fe all the way.

You guessed it, we're in Santa Fe, NM.  That name has a special place in my life.  My father worked for the railroad most  of his life.  His employer was AT& SF which we loving called "All tramps and suckers free"  but most people knew them as Atchenson, Topeka and Santa Fe.  That was many years ago before there was Amtrak.  I actually could ride the train by myself for free.  When I was about nine years of age my parents, one of my mother's cousins and I all rode to California and back on the train.  We visited a sister of the cousin.

Thus the connection.  Santa Fe,  NM is a nice looking town from what we've seen from the road.  Most of the buildings are flat roofed in the Southwest style.
On our way here on Rt 25,  Ron spotted a lot of smoke off on one of the other mountains.  The desk clerk didn't know anything about it.  Hope it's not a major fire.

1 comment:

  1. Will you make it Tucson tonight or take your time & hit it tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete