Saturday, April 19, 2014

Friday night at the Moose and Pedicures.

First in the order of the day was a pedicure at my favorite spa.  Studio 305 in Lockport.  Gloria takes care of all my nails like the pro that she is.  Her art work is spectacular. No art work for me this time but next time is close enough to Memorial Day that I think we'll do some red, white and blue.

It's been awhile since we were at our Moose lodge in Lockport so we decided to give the new menu a try and maybe see some old friends. 
Old friends we saw, quite a few of them.  Had a great time talking to people, enjoying a couple adult beverages and just relaxing. 
The new menu was a horse of a different color.  Last fall I had tried the broasted chicken and it was delicious, to much to eat, so I ended up taking home a doggy bag which I enjoyed very much.
This time I decided to try the perch.  I love perch and was all excited.  I don't know what they served me but it wasn't fillets of perch.  It looked and tasted like they had thrown a bunch of pieces of fish in a blender and then poured it out in molds to form fish like shapes.  It was terrible and I didn't eat it.  The cold slaw had been made way to far in advance but the French fries and the bread and butter were delicious and enjoyed them while the fries were still hot. 
They had a live band starting at 8:30 so we since we were enjoying ourselves we decided to stick around for that.  The first clue should have been the amount of "stuff" they already had set up and the large sound machine.  OMG I couldn't physically take the volume so I got up and availed myself of the ear plugs they provided.  They helped but still couldn't talk to anyone.  I guess I need to learn the rules of going to a live band concert.  Shut up, sit down and play games on your smart phone. 
I think it's safe to say the next visit to the Moose will be for a social time.  No food or entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment