Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring?????

Well, as previously blogged, we're home.  It's a fact that it's spring.  Then tell me, how can it be spring in Illinois when 2 inches of snow fell on our yard yesterday afternoon. 

I sure glad we still had winter coats.  I had forgotten how much trouble winter ware can be.  What a pain.

We did manage to get all (or so we thought) of our stock up shopping in just as the snow started.  Glad we now have groceries so even though we aren't supposed to get more snow it's still going to be highs in the 50s the rest of the week. 

Now it's time to see the family.  Today is our daughter, son in law and grandson, Daniel.  It will be good to see them all but especial Daniel.  We haven't seen him for about eight years or so. 

My trip to the ophthalmologist office yesterday was very interesting.  While I was still sitting in the waiting room a couple came out of the back to leave.  As I looked up I recognized the woman instantly.  She was my high school social studies teacher.  Believe me she hadn't changed much in the 50 + years since I'd had her for a teacher.  The unusual part is when she looked at me she stated she knew me too. She remembered me as one of her students.  She didn't remember my name just that I had been her student.

 
BTW, Gerry C.  My diagnosis was dry eyes.  Wish I had listened to you and taken you offer of help.

2 comments:

  1. Snow? Yuk! Should have stayed here a while longer. Glad your eye situation wasn't something serious! Enjoy visiting with your family. That's one good thing about being back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to have you & Dad back home. We had a very nice visit. I know that Daniel was excited. Looking forward to spending more time with you.

    ReplyDelete