Friday, October 1, 2010

Airing Dirty Laundry

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really to old for my body. My mother would always interrupt me if I started to say anything about the family to anyone with the phrase "Don't air your dirty laundry in public". I always thought that was some kind of rule, maybe in the constitution. After all, I always thought my mother knew everything that was important.
It seems now days,because of the Internet,
people just say whatever comes into their head not contemplating twenty or thirty years down the road what someone important in their lives might react to what they said for the world to see and read. Can you imagine being nominated for the US Supreme Court and someone bringing up what you wrote on Facebook when you were a teen or young adult?

1 comment:

  1. I have seen some FB comments made by people MY age that I thought were embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete