Tuesday, October 26, 2010

D Day + 1

We were up at 5 am this morning ready to beat the storms but it just didn't happen.  While we were still packing the few last minute things the wind picked up and the rain came down.  Decided we'd better check the weather channel and are we glad we did.  They were saying this front is covering IL down to St Louis with tornado warnings.  Didn't take any more forecasting to convince us to wait another day.  I let the kids know right away so they wouldn't worry.  We dug out an old coffee pot and some kona coffee we hadn't packed to make coffee.  Ron ran to the RV for juice and his laptop and then to the truck for my little one so I could get the air card out in order to go online in the house.  Got to do something to keep busy till this front goes thru.  The rain stopped a good hour or so ago but the predicted wind is right behind it and the temperature is doing just what they said, dropping.  I guess my shorts and tee shirt will give way to sweats and a sweatshirt.    Good thing I hadn't suspended the DirecTV.  Now Ron has something to keep him busy.  No Tribune news paper and no mail but we can live without that.

No comments:

Post a Comment