Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pillowcase

Sometime last year I bought material with a cat pattern to make a pillowcase for Oliver O Oliver, Betsy and Alan's cat.  One of the ladies at the park gave me a pattern for a "simple pillowcase".  I offered it to Betsy to make herself but she turned me down so I ran out of other things to finish and decided to tackle the pillowcase.
The English language is not to precise.  I read and reread the instructions, laid out the material just like I thought the pattern meant and it laid on top of my sewing center for two days.  It just didn't make sense.  Well along comes hubby with "I was thinking about that pillow case and wondered if ........."  That was enough to put me to work taking the pins out and starting over.  It really was easy to make once I followed the directions.
But now Gracie will be the recipient of the easy pillow case.  She's the new addition to the family and likes to sleep on pillows where Oliver doesn't.  

2 comments:

  1. To Gramma:
    Thank you so much for the beautiful, soft pillow case for me to rest my adorable self on. I will snuggle on it every time I take a nap.
    Love your Grandcat,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Gracie. I hope you have pretty dreams on it.
    Love,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete