Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Monday

I didn't blog yesterday because it was a full fun day and I just wanted to enjoy the memories for awhile.  I got the ham in the oven about noon and started on the deviled eggs and Ron's potato salad.  Ron likes dill flavoring and me and the kids like sweet pickle flavor.  So, Ron got dill potato salad and we got pasta salad.  I shouldn't say we since I only got to taste it as I was making it.  The rest got eaten at dinner or taken home to enjoy at a later date.  With the potato and pasta salad done and deviled eggs ready I decided to take a break.  Cleaned the parsnips and brussel sprouts and got the lima beans out of the freezer, set up the pans for boiling and sat down on my front porch swing to relax and await our family.  In the meantime, Eric, our second grandchild called to ask if it was ok he came over to see us since we were back home.  I put another plate on the table and went back to my swing.  Betsy and Alan were first (surprise) bringing an Easter Lily.  What a surprise, they don't usually bring Easter gifts.  Next came Bob with an Easter Lily, again surprise.  Eric showed up last bearing no gifts.
Finishing dinner with Betsy's help went smooth and we all sat down around 4 pm, as planned.  The food and conversation went fast and funny.  We always seem to laugh a lot when we get together.  I forced a piece of double chocolate or lemon crunch bunt cake on everyone plus any leftovers they would eat and we talked and laughed some more.
Ron did his usual clean up duty efficiently so he didn't even miss out on anything.  Some really old pictures were passed around and enjoyed a good laugh.  It was a great day, if I do say so myself.  Thanks kids.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a Rockwell type of gathering in the midwest. It was like that when I was a child in Illinois and relatives and friends just dropped in with no warning. Just set another plate on the table and away we went. Loved it. Glad to hear you & Ron had a great day.

    ReplyDelete