Friday, May 20, 2011

Doctor's Visit II

Today was doctor's visit MD for Ron and I.  My blood pressure was low, for me, and Ron's was high, for him.  So the doctor told me I'm a good girl and he told Ron to lay off the salt and drink more water.  Then he gave him a prescription for his toes with the caveat that that alcohol was a no no with the meds.  It's only a three month supply so we'll see.  But then beer isn't alcohol?
After 2 hours in the doctor's office, a couple guys were catching up on the past winter, we headed out to lunch with a couple stop overs.  First Sam's Club to get potato chips plus a few other things as it turned out.  Then the tollway authority office to get the good Velcro strips that hold up the I Pass transponder.  Those cheap (free) Oklahoma ones don't hold the transponders to the windshield.
Finally lunch.  Pot Bellys in Bolingbrook, next to Jareds.  Yes, we walked by Jareds to get to Pot Bellys for delicious hot subs.  I love their ham and swiss with brown mustard and a slice of dill pickle.  Ron prefers the tuna sub with everything on it.  The person in front of me in line got a meatball sub that really looked good especially the way he was devouring it at the next table.  Maybe I'll try that next time.  Then to Wal Mart to fill the new prescriptions  can' beat the price.  $10.00 each for three month supply of mine and Ron's was $4.00 for a month.
Back home for the evening relaxing and getting back into the "normal" routine after the fasting for the doctor's visit.
I still have to get my mammogram but that will wait a few days till I can get an appointment at the new Women's Center.
Almost forgot, the best news was that our doctor is going to be on staff at the new Silver Cross Hospital where his daughter is already on staff as an OB GYN doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Ron didn't last very long on the low salt diet. Potato chips already! I wonder if the Dr subscribes to the old saying: "To get along with girls, tell the good girls they are bad and the bad girls they are good" Humm! Interesting question? LOL

    Glad to hear the Dr visits are going well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete