Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Retiree's Meeting

Today was our retiree's meeting.  They only have them every other month minus January but we since we spend winters in AZ we miss the November and March meeting and Christmas Party in December.  Was a little disappointed in the lack of turnout but they are the losers. The Joliet Dulcimer Club played for us and it was just beautiful.  There were four dulcimers, two guitars, one fiddle and a percussionist with a out going personality.  The dulcimers are all hand made by wood workers and were beautiful pieces besides sounding great.
Got my voting signature straightened out.  In fact they already had changed it when I had the problems at the last election but I'm glad we stopped and made sure.  I take my right to vote very seriously and try not to miss voting every chance I get.  My thinking is if you vote and your person doesn't win you have a right to complain.  If you vote and your person does win, you still have the right to complain.  BUT if you don't vote you have no rights.
The weather has still not sprung into spring but it hasn't rained for a few days.  We still need to get up to Wisconsin and put flowers on Ron's foster mother's grave.  Her birthday is tomorrow and Mother's Day is Sunday but it doesn't look like we're going to make it till after the occasions.  I'm sure she understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment