Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

What a beautiful day yesterday turned out to be.  The sun was out nice and warm but not so hot we couldn't sit outside and enjoy the weather.  I took my place on my throne, aka porch swing, and enjoyed it all.  First come was Eric, the second grandchild, with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for grandma.  Betsy, only daughter. and son in law was second bringing Nick, the fourth grandchild, bearing gift of a huge coffee cup and saucer filled with geraniums.  Perfect gift.  The cup has taken on a tradition of returning for the second year with geraniums in it.  The cup and saucer and very pretty and very large and the flowers don't need a lot of pampering.
The conversation pretty much was focused on the Kentucky Derby from Saturday.  Eric was still on cloud nine.  One of his friend's mother's boyfriend is part owner of Animal Planet.  We discussed the race much longer than it took to run but that's OK, I love to watch horse races, they are so beautiful and graceful.
Next came my son, Bob, and his son, Matt.  They'd been riding dirt bikes all day and would no doubt suffer their fate in the next few days.  Matt had just gotten a new and bigger bike so this was his first time riding it on a track.  I think he really liked it and of course his father had to follow.  Their gift to be was totally unexpected but I think will be a great addition to our travel paraphernalia, a kindle.  I haven't chosen any books to download but I did register with amazon and have read some of the instructions.  Even checked into the public library e books but not sure if I can download them.  It would be great if I could.  I'm cheap.  The books I looked into don't seem to be that expensive on amazon but I can't decide which ones to start with.  Ron suggested downloading the classics, which sounds like a good idea.  I'm always thinking about reading or rereading them.  I'll probably start out with my favorite To Kill A Mockingbird even though I just recently re read it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment