Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ophthalmologist

Oops, for got to update you on the first doctor's appointment.  Vision is fine with glasses.  The eye pressure is great, very low.  The cataracts are growing but not bothering the vision yet.  The back of the eye looks just like it did last year.  I love going to that doctor except for one thing.  They keep giving me a "field of vision" test which I flunk every time.  I've decided I'm going to refuse to take it from now on.
For people who have never taken one, here's my version.  They sit you down on a stool and hand you a clicker attached to a wire to a giant eyeball shaped thing.  They put an eye patch over one eye and try to get you to believe you're a pirate.  I'm 65 years old, I don't play pirates anymore and I sure as *&^% don't have a parrot on my shoulder.  Next you put your chin and forehead up to the hole in the giant eyeball and they tell you to look straight ahead into a yellow light while they sync your eyeball to their machine.  Then they tell you not to move your eye but hit the clicker every time you "think" you see a light anywhere around the inside of the giant eye.  Well my brain tells my eye that it saw a light and needs to check it out before I press the button.  NOT  That's how I flunked the test.  BTW they switch eyes with the patches and you do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Ron didn't last very long on the low salt diet. Potato chips already! I wonder if the Dr subscribes to the old saying: "To get along with girls, tell the good girls they are bad and the bad girls they are good" Humm! Interesting question? LOL

    Glad to hear the Dr visits are going well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete