Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Beautiful Day

It's been quite a day.  We decided not to go to Missouri this week either.  Didn't want to take a chance on the storms and they were coming to put in the new garage door.  No I didn't run it down.  Ron finally got around to calling his contractor to have it enlarged so I can get the van in the garage AND open the drivers door to get out of the van.
The bonus part of the day came when my phone buzzed with an invitation to lunch at Merichkas from oldest grandchild, Michael.  We agreed to meet there at 1pm to avoid the rush.  Didn't work.  Worst service and food I've ever had there and I've been going there 50 + years.  The company was great, we sat and talked till after 3pm, compensating the waitress accordingly.
After a few errands we made it home just before the garage door people arrived.  While Ron supervised that I started reading email and Facebook mail.  Got several surprises, all of them great.  It's so nice to get nice surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment