Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Michael Philip

Well, today was a good day in many ways, the least of them was I finally got my nails filled in after two months of trying to take care of them myself.  The other two occurrences  that fall into the category of making my day are equally magnificent.  So I'll list them in their order of occurrence.
First, my dear friend, Paula, got released from the hospital.  She's been their for a week and I miss her so much. While she was in the hospital a "big wind" came through her town and did a lot of damage.  I have thanked God for Paula and Carl's safe status.  I know they have lost most if not all their trees but they are both in their home together.
Second, and equally as important, we got to spend the afternoon with our Grandson, Michael, and his friend, Janice.  They are leaving tomorrow after a to short a visit of 10 days.  Janice is going back to their home in California and Michael is flying to Hawaii to spend some time with his beautiful daughter.
It has been so good having him back with us after seven months in Afghanistan.  We picked them up in downtown Naperville after they dropped off their rental car and took them to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.  We had a nice leisurely lunch and a nice visit.  We talked and laughed.  It felt so good.  But time does fly so we took them back to his mother's, our daughter, so they could get in some more time with her and Alan before they leave in the morning.  We love you Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment