Thursday, June 30, 2011

Man Cave

Guess Ron has found a new place to hide out.  LOL.  We used to have a butterfly garden next to this shed, which obviously needs a fresh coat of red paint.  Yesterday afternoon Ron decided to clean it out so we could make something out of it besides a weed garden holding gun targets.    This morning he was back at it and, as usual, I went to the bedroom window to check on him but he wasn't in the yard so I checked the back deck and he wasn't there either.  Obviously I have figured out how to keep an eye on him without leaving my air conditioned home.  (There is one place him and the neighbor found I can't see).
Then I happened to notice there was someone sitting on a lawn chair in the shed, which, by the way, was a birthday present for me years ago.  Sure enough it was What's His Name drinking a cup of coffee.
I grabbed my camera and went down the stairs faster than I have in years. I carefully opened the back door to the deck but didn't close it completely cause it makes to much noise.  Rushed over to the east side of the deck so I could get a good angle photo of him setting in the shed.  He saw me, figures, any other time I could shout at the top of my lungs when I want him and he doesn't hear.  But he stayed put and even waved for one of the pictures.
He came up to the deck to see what I was doing and advised he figured he take his "union breaks" in the shed and have his coffee.  I figured, duh?  Walk up to the house and get a cup of coffee and then walk back to the shed?  Not that there is a long distance between the two.  That was when he informed me that he had the coffee pot down there too.
What you see in front of the shed is part of our garden.  The poles and rope are for the cucumber vines to grow on so they don't take over the entire garden.  I realize you can't see anything but the poles but the entire garden is doing pretty well considering the gargantuan amounts of rain we've had this spring.  We had lima beans float up out of their rows but still have some up and growing good.  I'm afraid the spring peas got put in to late but we'll see if we get any in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. It looks more like a doghouse to me and I see who is in it. I just hope he doesn't have to sleep out there in all the rain and heat. Woof woof, Ron.

    ReplyDelete