Monday, October 24, 2011

Counting Down

Another day closer to leaving for AZ.  We decided to take our bicycles with us this year so off we went this morning to the local RV store and purchased a bike rack for the back of the truck.  Then my dear husband insisted on taking me out to lunch.  I figured Portillos or some place like that but he suggested Bakers Square which really sounded good but when we got there we couldn't get into the parking lot so he pulled back over and headed to Golden Corral.  What a real surprise.  We both had salad and a little entry and dessert with a cup of coffee.  Have to save room for supper tonight.  We're meeting our # 2 grandson, Eric, and his soon to be fiance for dinner at Olive Garden at 7 pm.  I'm presuming this will be the last one we'll see before we leave.
This morning I ordered Ron's birthday present.  I had seen it earlier this summer but almost couldn't find it again to order it.  While I was searching the Packer's site I found an article that they may be going to issued shares again.  We'll see.  I don't think Ron is interested in any more shares.  What he will like (I hope) is the brick I ordered to be placed on the wall of the Atrium in Lambeau Field.  It will say "Proud Shareholder
Ronald R Cummings" with the Green Bay Packer G underneath it.  If any one does go on a tour and they find it, please take a picture and send it to us.  I'm planning on getting up there next summer and getting a picture with Ron somewhere close to it if possible.
Time to get ready to meet Eric and Julie.

2 comments:

  1. So how did the dinner at the Olive Garden go? Did you manage to stuff yourselves with salad, breadsticks and great Italian food? We usually go through two salad bowls when we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed the company and had a good time getting to know Julie. That would have been the last place we would have picked for dinner but they appear to go there quite a bit and love it. Ron keeps forgetting that he shouldn't order meat balls since he doesn't like veal. The bread sticks were good and my spaghetti was OK. Just had chicken parm Saturday and Lasagna is to filling. Don't care for cream sauces......

    ReplyDelete