Sunday, October 16, 2011

Followup to a busy few days.

First, the Medicare Part D.  I went to the Medicare site and entered my zip code and the medications that I take that are NOT from Wal-Mart.  The site gave me 10 possibilities with the least expensive first and on down.  With the meds that I take Humana was the best buy for me this year.  Saturday was the first day to register so I did the minor paperwork online.  We'll see what else I'll need to do between now and January 1.  I really believe I'll go thru this every year to make sure I have the least expensive full coverage and would suggest anyone else to go to Medicare.gov and at least check it out.

The deep freeze is another story.  We ended up loosing 3 garbage bags of food.  Ice cream and veggies from our garden are at the top of my list but we did save the meat.  We were using it down since we were planning on leaving soon.  We're not going to get a new deep freeze before we leave.  Just hoping the refrigerator that is older than the deep freeze stays running while we're gone.  Going to ask the people who check out the house to keep a real close eye on it and if it starts to go just empty it out and unplug it.

No comments:

Post a Comment