Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rain.

If anyone is keeping stats on the number of times I've used "rain" in my blog since November 1st.  I don't think I want to know.  It's been a really weird November and December here in southern Arizona.
Church was inspired this morning.  Pastor Connor is a man of God with a message delivered with a keen sense of humor.  Today was special because the entire Connor family was present for the first time in over five weeks.  Their youngest son (Caleb) has had major surgery so him and his mother have not been at church.  It was great to see them both this morning.
I got my KFC fix for the noon meal today.  Realized last week after a phone call from dear friends that I hadn't had a bite of fried chicken since we'd been at CCRV.  It sure tasted good.  I ate every bite of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, slaw and biscuit.  Then proceeded to take a nap.  Does fried chicken have that sleeping drug?
I managed to sleep thru a major rain storm, according to WHN .  I did hear some loud rain drops which he tells me was hail.  We haven't been outside to check the official Green Bay Packer rain gauge but I'm sure it will be pretty high.
Well, it's the last week leading up to the day we celebrate Christ's birthday.  Thank you Mary for my first present.
The new activity directors have set up a horse drawn ride thru the desert for Tuesday night.  I think that should be fun.  Just hope it's dried out by then.  Feliz Navidad

No comments:

Post a Comment