Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Days are getting longer and busier

Today was Tuesday.  Tuesday means coffee and donuts.  But today the donut man was ill and didn't make the donuts so they had to designate someone else as donut man.  Charlie, the temporary donut man, was late and didn't pick to much of a variety of donuts, but then, he did get the donuts and they are free, so I age two.
10:30 am rolled around and off we go back to the Rec Hall when the rest of the donuts are waiting along with the tables along the outer wall filling up fast with sewing machines attached to various stages of quilts.  I added my machine to the end of the table and started pushing tables together so the sewers will have enough room to spread out and work.  Linda McPhail, one of the quilters who doesn't live in the park now, called during the previous week and offered to help me finish my Sudoku baby quilt.  I was so excited.  We started out by taping my back piece to the pool table top, then the batting and the top.  We used safety pins to make sure the layers were flat of any puckering.  (Didn't work).  After two attempts at the pinning, Linda deemed I should start sewing around 1/4 inch from the end of the material piece (I don't know what they call that piece) and when I got two of the four sides done I ran out of the backing material so I quit.  Linda and another lady put their heads together and decided I needed to tear out the two sides of stitching and buy different piece for the back.  Jessica Lynn and Hailey Elizabeth, I'm telling you right now that it is only my love for you that keeps me from putting the entire thing in a plastic bag and tying it tight never to be seen again.  But I will sit this week while watching TV and tear out the two sides.  When I buy a new piece of material, don't hold your breath.
Sans supper we went to Yoga class tonight at 5:15pm, paid our $3.00 fee and stretched out on a mat to contort ourselves.  Ron did an excellent job of doing the different positions.  How do I know that?  I sat and watched him part of the time.  Some of the moves I could do but some gave me an upset stomach so I sat more out than I would have liked to.  So much so that I turned down the bean soup Donna and Paul brought over to the Rec Hall to share with JC and his new girlfriend, who just pulled in today, Sarah and Ron and I after class so we wouldn't have to go home and cook.  So we ended up coming home and me taking some meds for my stomach.  Poor Ron ended up with a BLT sandwich (bologna, lettuce and tomato).  That he had to make himself.
The walk home was nice......a little chill in the air but the stars, moon and a planet were shinning brightly in the sky.
Then watched Illinois beat Nebraska.  Welcome to "THE BIG TEN" Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment