Monday, June 18, 2012

Catch Up.

Followers, I apologize for not writing sooner but my creative juices took a long nap.  I'm happy to report my daughter is still home from the hospital and looking better every time I see her, which has been regularly lately.
They came to visit last Tuesday, hungry for a local fast food restaurant specialty, Chicken and Spice.  So chicken chunks, poppers and fries were enjoyed along with Brown's Chicken's deep fried baby mushrooms. We all try to stay away from fast food but Chicken and Spice is a rare treat.  Chunks is a misnomer.  Their "chunks" are half a boneless, skinless chicken breast seasoned and fried.  Their resemblance to chunks is in name only.
Friday was a shopping trip to end all shopping trips.  One of my grandsons and daughter's sons is getting married this summer.  I happened to find my dress for the wedding while she was recovering from her surgery.  So our mission was to find her a very nice mother of the groom dress with a side of finding me another dress or two.  Husband and I have three weddings this summer.
Betsy found one on line that fit her price range but not her style.  It was at a store called Von Maur.  I really don't remember hearing about it but the son in law knew where there was one.  Fortunately he grew up closer to the city than we did and had adventures in the area, which has been a life safer to our travels.  Ron drove but SIL came along cause she needed his opinion after I okay ed it.
It turned out Von Maurs is in Yorktown Center Mall which I didn't remember ever going to but after several hours of thinking, I imagine I have been there 50 + years ago when my friend, Caryl, and I used to go to Oak Brook and I think Yorktown shopping.  I stress the word shopping because all we could afford to do was look and then have lunch.
Von Maur had an excellent selection of dresses for older mature women so we went to work figuring out the size and then the style.  The size was a pleasant surprise for her, I had to go back and get smaller sizes for her to try on.  The one was easy to find but we made her continue to try on others, just in case.  She was also given the option of looking other places but she decided, after the glowing praises from her husband on how good she looked she decided on that one.
After making sure she had what she wanted I tried on a couple of dresses for the other weddings.  I can't wear the same dress to all three weddings.  They'll take pictures and it wouldn't do for me to be in the same dress.  Besides, I want to save the one for grandson's wedding to wear to his first and we have another wedding before his.  I succeeded in finding not one but two dress.  One a pretty purple (my favorite color since I was a little girl) and a LBD.  The LBD was marked down from $175. to $44.  Couldn't afford not to try it on and when it fit, couldn't afford not to buy it.
This has gotten way to long so I'll break for now and continue on with our saga later.

No comments:

Post a Comment