Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer in the City

Our shopping trip pretty much ended there.  I pooped out but my daughter did fine.  Since SIL knows the area he suggested a late lunch at "The Weber Grill".  Sounded good to hubby and I so off we went.  It really wasn't far.  Between Yorktown and Oak Brook, I think.  Betsy and I both ordered ribs and they were perfect.  They looked beautiful and tasted great.  They served extra sauce on the side but they didn't need a thing.  The guys got hamburger and turkey burgers and said they were good.
We did make a quick stop at Oak Brook but I was to pooped to participate so off we headed back to Betsy and Alan's house.
Sunday, father's day, was a bit odd but nice.  Daughter, SIL, grand daughter, great grand daughter and baby's daddy came over for awhile.  Ron's son sent him a text msg and Bob called later in the day.  A new recipe for sloppy joes and old recipe for cold slaw and Texas Sheet Cake made the meals.
Ron said he had a nice day.  Him and Alan always find something to talk about and Matt joined in, surprise.
This week has been very hot and humid so I'm staying home, enjoying the central air.  I've ventured out in the morning to sit on my front porch swing and read but that's about it.  I've started on my selection of quilt top kits so that will keep me busy for awhile.  I believe I brought 12 home this year.  I have the batting but I'll have to buy some backing, I'm sure.

1 comment: