Monday, March 18, 2013

46 years ago.

Doing a lot of thinking today about 46 years ago, the day my son was born.  I lived in Bruning Subdivision outside of Lockport, IL.  St Patrick's Day was on a Friday so we had our friends, Caryl and Larry, over to play cards.  They had left and my husband decided to stay up and watch something on television while I decided to go to bed.  Glad I did cause I got a couple hours sleep.  I awoke around midnight with labor pains.  I knew what they were because I already had had another child, a daughter.  We made two calls....one to the doctor who said to start heading to the hospital and the other to my parents to let them know we would be dropping off their granddaughter.
Time flew and my son was born before daybreak.  A perfect specimen at 9 lbs 2 oz.and 21 inches long. When I called my friend, Caryl, around noon she couldn't believe I'd had the baby since they left our home.
He was a good child, loved to sit on a rug and play with little cars and trucks. I can't believe that was 46 years ago.

Happy Birthday Bob.  You have a wife and children now but you'll always be my son.

1 comment: