Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter outfit shopping???

For the first time in decades I decided I'd like a new outfit for Easter.  In my mind it was a pastel flowered dress and hat and maybe even new shoes.  I was so looking forward to it that I could see it in my mind's eye.  Guess I forgot to tell the retailers.
First stop was Macy's.  No dresses that I would wear, neck plunged to low.  Very few skirts and most of them were the "high/low" fashion.
I managed to find a couple skirts and blouses that I liked and headed to try them on.  Well, standing in line was next order of business.  Once I got in and tried on the things I brought with me I found my choices to be to small, to large, to long and to big and to big.  The choices I had were two.  Either  get dressed and go get different sizes and wait in line for another room or get dressed and put the ones I tried on on the not taking rack and leave.  I choice the latter.  I don't know what there was so many people in Macy's but I'm not the type to take on big crowds so we walked over to Dillards.  We walked the entire send floor looking for women's clothing.  NO skirts......
There went my perfect Easter outfit.  So we went to the send hand store across the street from the mall and bought used bed sheets to place over our furniture when we leave.  Less than thirty dollars for four king flats, 2 twin flats and 5 pillowcases.  Guess I made a good deal.
We made the choice of "Sweet Tomatoes" for lunch and so did everyone else in Tucson or so it seemed.  We found an empty booth but there weren't many choices and things were low.  No cornbread, soup bowl and soup spoon rack was as close to empty as I've ever seen it, no cheese for the French Onion soup and our favorite staff person who cleans off tables and brings you drinks wasn't there today.
Guess I'll try my luck at bingo tonight and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment