Monday, March 11, 2013

Mundane Monday

I sometimes think of Karen Carpenter on Mondays but mostly The Mamas and the Papas.  Now that I've revealed my age.
Today was a busy day, not busier than the normal month of March but busier than the other Mondays.  
First was breakfast, check bank accounts and generally do my computer things.  Then it's get washed up and dressed.  Just as I walked back to the front of the mobile our friends Marcia and Lonnie pulled in.  Lonnie had told Ron he'd help him hook up the "swamp cooler".  Don't ask me the proper term for the cooler that sits on top of our mobile and makes us comfortable cool till Monsoon Season hits.  Then nothing but a good old or new central air conditioner will do.  I know it's hooked up to our water source and the furnace.  What I didn't know was that lime and calcium deposits build up in the duct work.  Marcia and I were setting on the couch chatting when things started flying at us from the vent over our heads.  I got up and ran down the hall screaming at Ron or Lonnie, which ever one would answer, and neither one did.  I opened the back door and continued screaming till Ron told me to shut it off.  Like I know what "it" was and were to find "it".  Since "it" was on the wall by the back door I found it without further screams and hit a switch that was in the on position.  
I forgot one little tidbit.  Ron had gotten up early this morning, dusted, swept, mopped and vacuumed for the anticipated arrival of Marcia and Lonnie.  
So Marcia, Lonnie and I went and sat outside while Ron re vacuumed the house.  But we forgot that since I turned off the blower there was probably still stuff in the duct work.  Marcia and Lonnie left, we ate lunch and I went off to ladies tea and cookies.  
When I got home Ron had old sheets on the floor opening up the vents in the ceiling and using a shop vac still vacuuming.  Every flat surface in the mobile was covered with whatever was in the duct work.  I'm wondering how much of it effects my allergies I've recently acquired.  
Tomorrow is coffee and donuts and quilting.  Sure hope it's a quiet day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment