Monday, November 22, 2010

Lockport, IL

Well, we made it back to Lockport.  Poor Ron, what a drive today.  It started out from Joplin, MO doing fine and then it turned windy all the way across Missouri but when we crossed the Big Muddy into IL it got dark and rained and rained and rained all the way home.  Driving thru Springfield and Bloomington was quite a feat but my guy did it.  To reward him, when we got home, I jumped into the van and backed out of the garage leaving him to unload the truck while I went to the grocery store.  My timing was perfect, by the time I got home with some needed staples he was done.  It will feel good to just relax for a few days before we head back.  I know Ron needs it.

1 comment:

  1. Gerry and I are glad to see you made it home safely. We were watching the weather head for Illinois and wondered how bad it was. They are calling for colder weather moving in here by Thursday. It is going down to 35 tonight and the city is putting de-icer on the bridges. What a joke. Take care.

    ReplyDelete