Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday night at CCRV

Beautiful day in Tucson.  Temperature was in the 70s this afternoon.  The park activity tonight was the dessert auction.  One of our friends from Canada usually make lemon squares and I buy them for Ron but this year she said she was going to make something else so I decided to make them myself and take them to the auction.  Of course, leaving some home for Ron.  I got out the biggest banking dish I had that fit in the little oven, looked for my recipe and found one that looked familiar even though I knew it wasn't the one I used.  Poor Ron ended up making two trips to the grocery store for supplies but we did buy a bag of fresh lemons the other day so squeeze I did.  The pan could have been larger but it looked good when it came out of the oven.  When it finally cooled down enough to cut I took a sample piece out, that first piece that doesn't always come out right, and it tasted good and Ron concurred.  So we put a couple pieces in a dish I needed to return to a neighbor.  Then started cutting it up for the auction.  Turned out not all of it would fit on the plate, darn had to keep some home for later.
The lemon squares went fast and at a good price as did all the other beautiful cakes and pies and cookies. Ron bought a chocolate bundt cake and I sliced it up and we shared the pieces with our friends.  Love doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment