Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Week to Be

It was so nice to have a quiet Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  It helps rejuvenate us from the past busy week and allow us to get thru the week ahead.
Saturday was an easy day.  I made up Caesar Salad dressing and Ron cut up the romaine and cooked the steaks.  We split a baked potato that I over cooked.  Sunday was church and then home and a light lunch. Preparing for dinner which was Pepper Steak that I hadn't fixed for years.  I was a little shaky in putting it together but enjoyed doing it none the less.  It turned out pretty good despite my lack of luck cooking rice.  Don't ask why, I don't know.  I measure carefully but it always comes out soaked in water.  I fixed it as usual and we enjoyed a great meal with some leftovers for someone later this week.  Tomorrow will be a make calls day, despite it being Monday because Tuesday starts the busy week again.  Coffee and donuts and then sewing.  Wednesday morning will be a knitting lesson, second of three to learn how to knit socks. and bingo to end the evening.  Thursday is Camera Club day with a trip to San Xavier del bac and lunch at an authentic Mexican Restaurant south of Tubac and then to Tucmacacori.  Both are missions built by Father Keno when he passed thru this area.  San Xavier is still a working active church and has been recently partially renovated but Tucmacacori was never completed.  
As we tour the missions I'll try and get pictures to publish on my blog.  San Xavier is a beautiful church also known as "The Dove of the Desert".  It can be seen for miles from along Rt 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment