Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trip home from Green Valley

What a temptation not to stop and grab a few handfuls.  Our friend, Larry, blogged about driving past the pecan trees on their way to Green Valley.  I'm presuming they were in the first stages of harvesting the pecans by shaking the trees.  Today they were driving double sided rakes up and down the rows of trees gathering the pecans in a single row so the next phase could drive up and down picking them up.  I don't remember how they do it tho.  There are so many different groves of pecan trees on both sides of several roads that stopping and walking over to pick some up off the ground wouldn't have been a major deal but my conscience wouldn't allow me to take what isn't mine.  They would probably taste like a foreign substance.  My conscience would see to that.  So I guess I'll just have to stop by the company store in a few weeks and purchase some fresh ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment