Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Almost Made IT Part 2

As it turned out, that was not the end of the story.  The power went out while we were out and came back on before we got home but our neighbors across the street still didn't have power.  One was running a large generator full time on her concrete driveway in front of her house.  Needless to say we were glad we could shut our doors and windows.  
About the time we were deciding whether to invite any of our three neighbors without power to spend the night, our power went out.  I'm telling you, there is no excuse for this, we've reached the end of our ropes.
Outside we go to keep an eye on what ComEd is up to and listen to the damn generator.  If you know me pretty well you'll be shocked at the next thing I have to say.  I had Ron get his radio and turn it on to any music he could find, full blast so I didn't have to hear that generator.  
In this age of modern time saving devices, ComEd keeps us informed via text messages.  About 10:30 pm Ron got a text that the power would be back on by 11 pm or 7 pm on 7/25/12.  Don't bother getting out your calender, today is 7/25/12.  Really cheered us up.  Thank you, Com Ed was off 24 hours.  They came on again just before 11 pm 7/24/12.  
There is a debate on whether they went off again during the night but it's not worth repeating cause I know I'm right.  ROTF LMBO
Today is the 4th anniversary of my cancer surgery.  Thank you Lord Jesus for another year with the people I love.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you have so much trouble with Com Ed. They've always been a pain in the ass in your neighborhood.
    I knew it had been 4 yrs, but I didn't realize today was the day. Indeed, Thank you Jesus for giving my Mom, my best friend, in my life.

    ReplyDelete