Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Monday

It's Monday again and it's not raining.  Of course it won't rain or storm now that we're some what ready for it.  Considering the humidity has been a little high and not much of a breeze, today has been a pretty good day.
One of the guys we used to work with drove by and stopped to chat. That kept Ron busy for awhile.  Thanks John.
Then after a yummy lunch of leftover meatloaf sandwiches.
My day was even better till about 2:30 when Ron came into the green room asking if he went to the library did I want to go with him.  The answer was no.  The regular library is closed for renovations so they loaded up two thirds of the books and stored them somewhere, packed up some fiction and moved to the Gaylord Building.  The Gaylord Building was part of the I & M Canal's hay days.  Its a large quarry stone building with national heritage designation.  Or something to that effect.  There's a restaurant on the ground floor, a museum on the 1/2 floor, a banquet hall over the restaurant and the library over the museum.  Yes they have an elevator but no, they really don't have a library as we know it.  Hence I don't go to the library till they're back in the renovated real one.  And that depends on how much they do to it.  I know they're putting the adult library on the second floor so all of us old patrons have to walk up the stairs or take the elevator and the children's library on the main floor.  Obviously, they didn't ask my opinion before they made that decision.
Anyway, no to the library.  So he changed his question to if I go to the ice cream store will you go with me.  The answer was yes.  A complete horse of a different color.  And since I still had some money left on a gift card, I figured we would splurge.  I got a small one scoop strawberry cone and Ron got a small one scoop orange fluff cone.  I'm telling you, we go whole hog.  The quality of the ice cream was excellent, not real hard, no ice crystals and tasted great.
So, in a nut shell.  Monday, today, was an excellent example of Retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment