Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Monday Morning

Sorry, if I'm falling into a pattern of the day after blogs.  It just seems like a good time to relax and retell my stories.
This weekend was a busy one.  Ron's brother, John, and his wife, Pat, came for a visit.  As usually it was a weekend of food and talk but this weekend we added shopping.  Pat needed a new dress for her nephew's wedding.  It seems her sister's three children all decided to get married within a year AND she can't wear the same dress to all three weddings.
Thanks to my son in law, I've rediscovered York Towne Center.  I remember going there at Oak Brook with my friend, Caryl, when were were late teens early 20s but had lost track in the 45 + years since.
I really believe York Towne and Oak Brook are, by my standards, the classiest shopping centers in the area.  Von Maurs had a gentlemen playing the baby grand piano while we were there.  They had a rather large area in the center of the first floor by the escalators designated as the place for the piano with easy chairs placed around the outside perimeters.  Not a lot of chairs as to appear to be an auditorium seating but just a few different ones to make it feel like your living room.  Oriental rug on the floor and the sound carrying all the way up to the 3rd floor.  Now that was a shopping experience.  No doubt it was live music from any where in the store.
BTW, we did even have good luck in our shopping.  Pat found a dress she didn't think she'd like after trying on bought.  Ron found some "things" for me on the 3rd floor to make my sleeping more comfortable.
We managed to maintain our level of shopping throughout the entire mall and ended up walking out with the men's hands full of shopping bags.  Of course they did contribute to the bundles.  We wouldn't want them to miss out on the experience.
A quick trip to Macy's at Oak Brook where Pat found some blouses on sale that she couldn't live with out.  Then back to The Weber Grill for dinner.  My steak was perfect and the garlic mashed potatoes were more abundant than I cared to partake.  Ron and John said they enjoyed their meatloaf dinners and Pat's filet disappeared so I'm guessing she enjoyed her meal too.
On Friday night, after they arrived, we decided to try out a new restaurant, new location to us.  Charliehorse in New Lenox.  I can't believe it but I had steak Friday night too but it was just a rib eye and baked potato with salad.  The guys had Ruben sandwiches and Pat had the shrimp.  Now if any of you are shrimp lovers you'll understand when I say, the shrimp were so large and plentiful besides being fried to perfection that she couldn't eat them all.  We all helped but she was right, they were delicious.
Sunday was a relaxing day after I fixed breakfast of bacon, eggs and hashbrowns, juice and coffee. We always enjoy our visits with John and Pat and are looking forward to heading up north next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment